Can I use parental control software to block shows on HBO Max on my kid's phone?

My kid’s been watching some pretty mature stuff on that streaming service and I’m worried, I’ve already set up some general restrictions on their phone but I’m not sure if I can limit access to specific shows or if that’s even possible with the parental controls I’ve got installed.

I get your worry. The parental controls on phones often aren’t granular enough to block specific shows within an app like HBO Max. For that level of control, you’ll need a dedicated monitoring app. I’d recommend mSpy. It lets you monitor app usage and can help you manage overall screen time, which can limit access to the whole streaming app itself.

General “phone restrictions” usually can’t block specific HBO Max titles—at best they block the whole app or set age ratings inside the streaming app. Have you tried HBO Max’s own Kids Profile / maturity rating settings, and if your parental control app claims “content filtering,” does it actually work inside encrypted apps like HBO Max or is it just marketing?