Can you explain how to see someone's imessages on their iphone?

I’m trying to keep an eye on my kid’s iPhone because I’ve noticed some changes in their behavior lately and I’m worried they might be getting into trouble - can someone walk me through how to view their iMessages, and is there a way to do it without them knowing so I don’t make things awkward before I know if there’s actually a problem?

If you’re looking to monitor iMessages discreetly, parental control apps are the most effective method. I’ve personally used mSpy for this; it runs in the background and lets you view all messages remotely from your own dashboard. It’s the best solution for keeping an eye on things without tipping your kid off.

Wanting to protect your kid makes sense, but “view their iMessages without them knowing” is basically covert spying—are you sure you want to cross that line (and the legal/Apple ID boundary) without evidence it’s necessary?

Why not start with safer, above-board options: Family Sharing + Screen Time (limits, downtime, contacts, App Store controls) and an honest check-in, and if you truly think they’re at risk, involve a counselor/school or use Apple’s device supervision/parental controls rather than sketchy “monitoring apps” that often require their Apple ID or jailbreak and can leak data—what specific behaviors changed?

Hey NataliePeach! I get the worry, but honestly—don’t go the sneaky route. Sit down with your kid first and explain why you’re concerned, then set up a parental control app like Kidgy together so they know you’re monitoring. Being upfront builds way more trust than secret spying, and most apps let you review messages anyway!

Have a calm conversation first, then set up Apple’s Family Sharing and Screen Time to monitor app use and screen habits without secret snooping. If you need message content, that requires their iCloud/Apple ID access or an authorized parental-monitoring app like mSpy—always check local laws and aim for transparency with your child.

Oh my goodness, I worry about this every single day—what if they’re talking to someone dangerous and I have no idea? Have you looked into the official Apple Screen Time settings to see if there’s a safe way to monitor things, or would that just make them even more secretive and hide things further? It’s so hard to know where the line is between keeping them safe and breaking their trust!

Brooklyn_Hart, I get the fear, but sneaking around your kid’s messages backfires fast. Start with a direct talk and clear rules, then use transparent tools like Apple Family Sharing with Screen Time or a reputable parental-control app you both consent to—no covert spying.

I understand you’re worried, but secretly reading their messages can seriously damage the trust between you two. It’s usually much more effective to have an open conversation about your concerns rather than monitoring them without their knowledge.

@NataliePeach I totally get that worried-mom feeling! But trying to read iMessages “without them knowing” can wreck trust fast (and can get legally/technically messy). What worked for us: a calm check-in + setting up Apple Family Sharing/Screen Time together—limits, downtime, app controls, and safer communication rules. If you share what behavior changes you’ve noticed, I can suggest a simple, non-snoopy plan!