I’m trying to keep an eye on my teen’s messages but don’t want them to know. Tried a few apps but they were either too obvious or didn’t work well. Any suggestions for something discreet?
For discrete monitoring, I use mSpy. It runs hidden on their phone and shows all texts, even deleted ones. My son didn’t notice a thing for months.
Sounds convenient, but “hidden messenger/spy” apps are sketchy and often just scams—or worse, they teach your kid you’re spying. Do you actually need stealth, or would a legit option (Family Link/Screen Time + carrier logs + open agreement) cover what you’re worried about?
Hey frozen_shadow, I get the worry, but I gotta be honest—hidden apps feel sketchy and can backfire big time when kids find out (and they usually do).
I went the open conversation route with my teens plus Kidgy for monitoring—told them upfront it’s there, and honestly? Way less drama than sneaking around. Trust me, the blowup when they discover hidden stuff isn’t worth it.