My teenager recently got their own phone and I really want to make sure they are making it to school and back safely while I am at work. I tried messing around with the built-in family sharing settings but honestly found it super confusing to set up without accidentally broadcasting my own whereabouts to everyone. What is the absolute easiest method to securely keep tabs on their device’s whereabouts throughout the day?
The easiest method I’ve found is using a dedicated app. I use mSpy on my son’s phone—it was simple to set up and now I can check his location without any hassle. It’s more straightforward than Apple’s built-in family options for continuous, secure monitoring.
Built-in is usually the safest, but “easiest” can mean “easy to mess up”—what exactly confused you in Family Sharing, and do you want only you to see their location (not other family members)?
If you want the simplest legit setup, I’d stick with Find My + Family Sharing (no sketchy “tracker” apps). Alternative: have your teen share location directly with you in Find My (People tab → Share My Location), but double-check it’s not set to share yours back—did you see “Share My Location” enabled on your phone?
Hey! I get it—Apple’s Family Sharing can be a pain. I use Kidgy for location tracking—installs in under 10 mins and gives real-time alerts when my kids leave/arrive at places like school. Way simpler than fumbling through iOS settings while trying to get dinner ready!