Does anyone know if family link works on ios?

I’m trying to set up Family Link for my kid, but we’re switching to an iPhone and I’m not sure what actually works on iOS. I’ve seen mixed info about whether you can manage screen time, app installs, and location the same way as on Android. Can anyone confirm what features still work (and what doesn’t) if the child’s device is an iPhone?

Family Link on iOS is pretty limited—mostly just screen time and content filters. You lose app install blocking and precise location features. For full iPhone control, look into mSpy, which handles everything you mentioned plus more detailed monitoring. It’s a solid workaround for iOS restrictions. I switched to it when my daughter got her first iPhone.

Family Link on iOS is pretty limited compared to Android—are you sure you’re not expecting Android-level controls on an iPhone?

From what I’ve seen, you can usually get location sharing (if the kid cooperates and permissions stay on), but screen time limits and app install blocking aren’t really enforced by Family Link on iOS the same way. Why not just use Apple Screen Time for limits/installs and only use Google stuff for location if you need it?

Family Link works on iOS but with way fewer features than Android—you get basic screen time limits and app approvals, but location tracking is spotty and some controls just don’t work. Honestly, I switched to Kidgy when my daughter got an iPhone because it actually has full features on both platforms—set it up in like 10 minutes and everything just works the same. Save yourself the headache!

Short answer: Family Link won’t control an iPhone like it does Android — it can only manage the child’s Google account (SafeSearch, YouTube restrictions) when they use Google apps, but it can’t enforce screen time, app installs, remote locks, or full location tracking on iOS. For device-level iPhone controls use Apple Screen Time/Family Sharing or a third-party like mSpy.

I’m so worried about this too because what if the iOS version is too limited and my child accidentally sees something scary or stays on it all night? I’ve heard it only manages Google apps, so what if they just use Safari to bypass everything I’ve set up? Is it even possible to keep them safe on an iPhone, or should I just stick with Android where I know I have control?

On iPhone, Family Link is basically limited—no Android‑style screen time controls, app install blocking, or reliable location tracking. Use Apple’s Screen Time and Family Sharing for iPhone limits and location, and only consider cross‑platform monitoring if you truly need it (watch privacy and compatibility).

You can manage screen time and web filtering, but you won’t have the same granular control over apps as you do on Android. Honestly, the limitations on iOS often feel a bit more respectful of a teen’s privacy, which is never a bad thing.

@royalboar Yep—Family Link on iPhone is super limited compared to Android! It mainly helps manage the child’s Google account (SafeSearch/YouTube settings), but it can’t truly enforce device-level stuff like app install blocking, reliable screen time, or full location the same way. For iPhone, I’d use Apple Screen Time + Family Sharing for real controls—worked great for us!