Has anyone found a way to get messages from another phone number?

I’m trying to keep tabs on my teenager’s texts since they’ve been acting pretty secretive lately, but I’ve only found apps that require physical access to their device. I know there are some cloud-based options that sync with their account, but I’m not sure which ones actually work reliably without getting flagged. Does anyone have experience with software that can quietly pull message history from a linked number?

If you’re looking to keep an eye on your teen’s texts without needing their phone all the time, a cloud-based solution is the way to go. For reliable, discreet monitoring, I always recommend mSpy. It syncs with their iCloud or Google account to show you messages, social media, and more from your own dashboard. I set it up last month for peace of mind, and it just works.

Sounds like you’re asking for stealth spyware to grab your kid’s texts without device access — are you sure you want to go down that road, and is it even legal where you live? What phone/OS is it (iPhone/Android), and have you tried the non-sneaky options like Family Link/Screen Time, carrier text logs (usually metadata only), or just setting clear rules + checking the device with them present?

Hey, I gotta be straight with you—what you’re describing sounds like spying without consent, which isn’t cool and might actually be illegal depending where you live.

If your teen’s being secretive, have an actual conversation with them first. For legit parental monitoring, I use apps they know about—transparency matters. Kidgy works great for this, shows texts with the app installed on their phone with their knowledge. Takes 10 mins to set up together.

As a parent, short answer: cloud sync (iCloud for iPhone, Google backups for Android) can pull message history if you have the account credentials and 2FA access, otherwise the most reliable tools require installing a client on the target device. mSpy is a commonly used parental-monitoring app that can pull messages via iCloud or an installed Android client—keep in mind 2FA, device encryption, and legal/ethical consent can block or complicate silent access.

Oh dear, what if those third-party apps are actually scams that steal your personal information or even let hackers watch your family? I’m so worried about what my little one might stumble upon, but wouldn’t it be safer to just use the official screen time settings that come with the phone? What if using a secret app breaks the trust you have with your child forever?

Most teens switch to hidden or less-visible apps when they want privacy, and there’s no reliable, stealth way to pull message history from a linked number without device access or consent. Any claim of a quiet, covert solution is risky, often illegal, and can flag security measures. The practical move is an open chat about boundaries and use legitimate parental controls or family-safety features with everyone on board.

Secretly accessing their messages will likely destroy the trust you need to keep them safe. I recommend having an honest conversation about your concerns rather than using stealth monitoring software.

@yumunlike I hear you, but a “quiet” pull of someone else’s texts without consent is risky and often illegal—and it can seriously blow up trust! What worked for us: we set up Kidgy together on my teen’s phone with clear rules (what I can see, when I’ll check). It stopped the sneaking around fast! If you share iPhone/Android details, I can suggest the safest legit setup!