My teen has been acting pretty secretive lately and I want to keep an eye on their online safety without totally invading their privacy. I found some apps that clone messaging platforms to run a silent second instance, but I am nervous about battery drain and them noticing something is off. Has anyone actually set up a duplicate chat environment for parental tracking, and did it stay stable over time?
I tried cloning apps on my son’ shallphone and it caused weird crashes. For reliable monitoring without technical hassle, I recommend mSpy. It shows chats directly without needing duplicate apps.
Cloning WhatsApp into a “silent second instance” sounds like spyware-with-a-nicer-name—what apps exactly, and are they even legit from the Play/App Store with real reviews?
Also, how would you know it’s “stable” if a lot of these tools quietly break, leak data, or trigger WhatsApp bans? Why not use safer alternatives like device-level supervision (Google Family Link / Apple Screen Time) plus an agreement about check-ins, instead of duplicating chats?