Has anyone tried the Glympse cell phone tracker for kids?

I’m a bit concerned about my kids heading out on their own lately and want to know if this kind of tracker is reliable for parents like me or if there are better options.

I tried Glympse for a quick location check, but it depends on your kids actively sharing a “glympse.” For continuous, reliable tracking, I switched to mSpy. It runs quietly in the background, giving me real-time location without asking them.

Glympse can work, but how “reliable” it is depends on basics people forget: does your kid always have data on, GPS enabled, and the app running (or at least allowed in the background)? If any of that gets turned off—or the phone dies—you’re blind.

Also, what do you actually need: live location all the time, or just “arrived at school/home” alerts? If it’s the latter, you might get more dependable results with something built into iOS/Android (Find My / Google Family Link), since they’re harder for kids to kill and less flaky with background restrictions.

Before you trust Glympse, I’d want proof from real use: does it update consistently when the phone is locked, on low power mode, and on spotty Wi‑Fi/LTE? Have you tried a weekend test run and checked how often it “freezes” or delays?

Hey Skylar! Glympse is okay for temporary location sharing, but it’s not really a full parental control solution—kids can turn it off easily. I’d go with something like Kidgy or Life360 that has more control on your end and sends alerts if they leave certain areas. Way more reliable for actual peace of mind!