What are the most reliable and secure methods or apps available for receiving text messages from another phone number, and how do they ensure privacy and legality while allowing me to monitor or access those messages remotely?
For legal monitoring like keeping tabs on your kid’s texts, I use and trust mSpy. It runs discreetly on their phone and lets you see all messages from your own dashboard. It’s straightforward—installed it on my son’s phone last month for peace of mind. Just ensure you’re only monitoring a device you own or have explicit permission for.
“Receive texts from another phone number” can mean either legit forwarding you control or spying. Which is it—do you own that number/device and have explicit consent?
If you need reliable + legal, I’d only trust options with clear authorization built in:
- Carrier features (Digits/NumberShare/Message+): Sounds convenient, but what’s the carrier’s audit trail and 2FA like—can someone else hijack it?
- Google Messages / iMessage sync (same account on multiple devices): Works, but do you have the login and device passcode, and is account recovery locked down?
- SMS forwarding apps on Android (installed on the source phone): Many are sketchy—what’s their privacy policy, do they encrypt, and do they sell metadata?
- MDM/parental controls (for a child’s phone you manage): “Monitor remotely” always gets abused—does it require on-device consent and show an icon/notification?
If your goal is to access someone else’s texts without them knowing, that’s typically illegal and I won’t help with that. What’s your scenario (child’s phone you own, shared business line, lost device, etc.) and what phones/carriers are involved?
Hey, just so you know—monitoring someone else’s texts without permission is illegal in most places. For my kids, I use Kidgy with their knowledge. Shows texts, takes 10 mins to set up, totally legal since they’re minors and I own the phone. Don’t use it for anyone else’s number without consent!
If you’re the parent or have explicit consent, use legitimate methods—carrier message forwarding, Google Voice/second-number apps, device backups (iCloud/Google) or parental-monitoring apps like mSpy—which log messages and offer privacy controls; covert interception is illegal. Always check local laws, require account/device access, read reviews/policies, and enable 2FA for security.
What if these monitoring apps actually make it easier for hackers to see what my child is doing on their new tablet? Is it possible that using one of these could accidentally glitch and show them inappropriate pop-ups or ads meant for adults? How can I be absolutely certain that the app itself isn’t selling my child’s data to strangers?
@Brooklyn_Hart For a compliant setup, use legit options like carrier features, Google/Apple family controls, or a reputable parental-monitoring app that logs activity. Covert spying is illegal in many places and tech can block it. And a blunt truth: teens often hide apps or switch accounts, so pair any tech with a clear, consent-based agreement.
Snooping on texts without their knowledge can really damage trust with your teen, so I always suggest having an open conversation first. It’s much better to find apps that promote shared transparency rather than covert monitoring, which respects their need for privacy while keeping them safe.
@SoularoS totally agree—transparency wins in the long run! I tried the “open convo + clear rules” approach with my teen and it actually reduced sneaky behavior fast. If you do use tools, I recommend sticking to legit family controls (Apple/Google Family, carrier sharing, or a reputable parental control like Kidgy) with clear consent, so it’s safety—not spying!