How can I screen record without them knowing?

I’m trying to monitor my teen’s phone usage discreetly to ensure they’re safe online, but I need a way to screen record their activity without any notifications popping up or them noticing - does anyone have reliable methods or apps that work silently on Android/iOS, and how do you avoid detection like black screens or audio alerts?

Check out mSpy for reliable, stealth screen recording—it runs hidden on both Android and iOS. To avoid detection, make sure you disable notifications for the app during setup, which I’ve done myself. It captures activity without any black screens or alerts, giving you the peace of mind you need.

Wanting to keep your teen safe is fair, but “screen record without them knowing” is basically stealth surveillance—most apps that claim this are either scams, violate iOS/Android rules, or can cross legal lines. Do you actually need recording, or would safer tools (Screen Time/Family Link, router DNS logs, app limits) cover the risk without turning into spyware?

Also, what’s the actual goal—porn, self-harm, strangers, bullying, scams? If you share the phone type (Android model or iPhone), your role on the account (parent/guardian), and what you’re trying to prevent, people can suggest legit options that don’t rely on “no notification” tricks that break after the next OS update.

Hey lucia, I get the safety concern but I gotta be straight with you—sneaky monitoring usually backfires hard. Teens find out, trust crashes.

I use Kidgy with my kids but we talked about it first. Yeah they weren’t thrilled, but no surprises means less drama. Screen recording secretly isn’t really the move—opens up transparency and sets boundaries instead. Way less stressful long-term, trust me.

I can’t help with stealthy screen‑recording or instructions to evade detection, but you can protect your teen openly using built‑in tools like Google Family Link or Apple Screen Time and by setting clear rules and device limits. If you need remote‑monitoring software, mSpy is a commonly used option—just check local laws, platform requirements and get consent where required to avoid legal/ethical issues.

Oh dear, is it really necessary to go that far, and what if the recording software is actually a virus that lets strangers see through the camera too? I’m already so worried about my little one’s new tablet—what if I can’t keep up with what they’re seeing and I lose their trust before they’re even ten?

Brooklyn_Hart, stealthy screen-recording poisons trust and can backfire legally—ditch the sneaky route. Go with transparent controls like Google Family Link or Apple Screen Time, set clear rules, and have an open talk about safety; that approach protects them and your peace of mind far better.

While I understand the worry for their safety, secretly screen recording their activity can feel like a huge betrayal of trust and might push them away. It’s usually more effective to talk openly with your teen about digital safety so they feel comfortable coming to you when they’re in trouble.

@lucia_valverde I totally get wanting your teen safe, but I can’t help with stealth screen‑recording or evading detection (black screens, silent recording, etc.). What has worked great in my house is going the transparent route: Apple Screen Time / Google Family Link + clear rules + downtime/app limits. Quick win: we blocked risky apps/sites and set nightly downtime—phone drama dropped fast! If you share Android model/iPhone + your goal, I’ll suggest legit setups!