How do I lock the screen for kids on Android devices?

What’s the best way to lock an Android screen when giving a phone or tablet to a child? I’d like to know if there’s a kid mode or pinning feature that limits app access.

For quick, basic control, use Android’s Screen Pinning. Go to Settings > Security > Screen pinning. Turn it on, open the app you want to lock, and tap the pin icon. I use this for my daughter’s math games. For full monitoring and limiting access across the entire device, I recommend mSpy.

Android has “Screen pinning” and some OEMs have a “Kids mode,” but do you mean lock them into one app or lock down the whole device with only whitelisted apps? Also, what Android version/device (Samsung, Pixel, etc.)—because the built-in options vary a lot and some are easy for kids to escape.

Hey! Android has Screen Pinning built-in—tap Recent Apps, select the app, then pin it so kids can’t switch out. For full kid mode, Google Kids Space works great or just use a parental control app like Kidgy that locks things down automatically. Super quick setup!