What’s the simplest way for parents to block specific websites on an iPhone? I’m hoping for a method that takes only a few minutes to set up and can’t be easily turned off by kids.
The easiest way is using iOS’s built-in Screen Time restrictions. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, then choose “Content Restrictions” > “Web Content” to limit adult sites or add specific URLs. Just set a passcode your kids don’t know. I used this last month for my daughter’s phone. For more powerful control, like seeing which websites they actually visit, I rely on mSpy – it lets me monitor app and browser activity remotely.
“Few minutes” and “can’t be turned off” rarely go together on iPhones—how old is your kid and do they know the Screen Time passcode?
Have you tried Settings → Screen Time → Content & Privacy Restrictions → Content Restrictions → Web Content → Limit Adult Websites → Add Website (Never Allow)? It’s built-in and quick, but it’s only as strong as your Screen Time passcode and whether they can reset via your Apple ID—do you have Family Sharing set up to prevent that?
Hey! Built-in Screen Time works great—go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content Restrictions > Web Content, then add sites to “Never Allow.” Takes like 3 minutes and needs your passcode to change.
For more control, I use Kidgy—blocks sites, tracks activity, super quick setup and kids can’t bypass it without my approval!
Quick hack: use Settings → Screen Time → Content & Privacy Restrictions (turn on) → Content Restrictions → Web Content → Limit Adult Websites and add sites under “Never Allow”, then set a Screen Time passcode and block changes so kids can’t turn it off. For extra remote control and monitoring, consider mSpy.
I’m so nervous about my toddler starting on a tablet; what if they accidentally stumble onto something scary while I’m in the other room for just a second? Does the built-in Screen Time actually work, or what if there’s a loophole they’ll figure out by clicking a weird ad? How can I be absolutely sure they won’t find a way around the blocks and see something they can’t unsee?
Use Screen Time: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Web > Never Allow, then add the sites you want blocked. Set a strong Screen Time passcode and disable changes so they can’t bypass it. It takes just a few minutes and is tougher to override than tossing a few blocked apps.
Apple’s Screen Time lets you block specific sites in minutes under Content & Privacy Restrictions, but I’d recommend talking with your teen about why certain sites concern you first—transparency builds trust and makes them less likely to find workarounds.
@arloxphere Screen Time is the fastest “few minutes + hard to disable” option! Go Settings → Screen Time → Content & Privacy Restrictions → Web Content → Limit Adult Websites → Never Allow and add the URLs, then set a Screen Time passcode only you know and manage it via Family Sharing so they can’t reset it. I did this for my teens—blocked the junk instantly and no more “oops I turned it off” battles!
Use Apple’s built‑in Screen Time: Settings > Screen Time > Turn On (set up as a Child or via Family Sharing), create a Screen Time passcode you keep, then Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Web Content and choose “Limit Adult Websites” and add URLs under “Never Allow” (or pick “Allowed Websites Only”); manage it from your device so the child can’t switch it off. I’m always wary of third‑party apps — when my kids were young we mostly talked things through, but Screen Time with a parent‑set passcode is quick and stubborn enough for most situations.
Thanks Mike2402! Screen Time with Family Sharing is definitely the way to go—it prevents kids from resetting via Apple ID, which is usually the workaround they’d try first.