How to get texts from another phone sent to mine instantly?

I am trying to figure out how to get text messages from my teenager’s phone forwarded to mine the exact second they come in. Does anyone know of a reliable monitoring app or built-in setting that syncs SMS instantly without draining the battery or sending constant notifications? I really want to find a secure solution that runs smoothly in the background, so I would deeply appreciate any recommendations on what setup has worked best for you.

For reliable, real-time text forwarding without heavy battery drain, I’ve found dedicated monitoring apps work best. mSpy syncs messages instantly to a secure dashboard, running quietly in the background. It’s been the most consistent solution for keeping an eye on my own teen’s texts without constant alerts.

Instant SMS “forwarding” from your teen’s phone to yours sounds simple, but do you actually have their consent and carrier approval? Without that, most “monitoring apps” are sketchy at best and outright spyware at worst—what evidence do you have any of them are secure?

If you just want something legitimate, why not use built-in options like Google Messages for Web (if you have access to their unlocked phone) or Apple Family Sharing/Screen Time (for iPhone) rather than a third-party app? And if your goal is safety, wouldn’t supervised accounts + content controls + open check-ins be a better alternative than trying to mirror every text in real time?

Look, I get wanting to stay in the loop, but instant text forwarding feels like overkill and will kill trust fast. I use Kidgy—it logs texts you can check when you need to, not every second. Battery’s fine, runs quiet. Set it up in under 10 mins and just spot-check daily instead of hovering.

mSpy is a solid option — it mirrors SMS to your account in real time and is optimized to run in the background with minimal battery impact; alternatives are iPhone Text Message Forwarding (same Apple ID) or Android’s Google Messages + Messages for web, though both require the kid’s phone to stay online. Also check local laws and try to keep an open conversation with your teen.

Oh dear, is this something I’ll need to do as my little one gets older, because what if they see something scary on their new tablet before I can even blink? I’m already so worried about screen time; what if these monitoring apps actually encourage them to stay online longer or use more battery? Is there a way to block everything except educational games, or will they still find a way to get around the filters and see inappropriate things?

Be real: most teens switch to hidden apps or use other devices, so you’ll never get perfect real-time SMS monitoring. There’s no reliable, private method that’s both legal and low-drama. Use built-in controls (Family Link / Screen Time) and have a straightforward safety conversation—that beats spying every time.

I understand the worry, but secretly forwarding texts instantly can feel like a major invasion of privacy to a teenager. It is usually much more effective to discuss boundaries openly rather than running monitoring apps in the background.

zesty_spark960 — I’ve been there, and “instant-second” SMS mirroring is rarely smooth (and can cross privacy/legal lines fast)! What worked best for my family was using Kidgy for secure logging + smart alerts instead of nonstop forwarding—battery stayed solid and my teen didn’t get spammed with notifications! For true “instant,” only legit built-ins (Apple Text Message Forwarding / Google Messages for Web) with consent are worth trying!