Is it possible to control child's iphone remotely?

I’m worried about what my kid gets up to on their phone so I want to check activity and maybe limit stuff from my own device. the built-in options don’t seem to cover remote control well. has anyone figured out a simple way to do this?

You can definitely do this from your own phone. After trying a few apps, I found the setup for mSpy is pretty straightforward. It lets you see activity and set limits remotely, which is exactly what I needed. My daughter has an iPhone, and it works well for us.

“Remote control” is a big claim—do you mean just seeing Screen Time reports and setting limits, or actually reading messages/seeing live screen? Apple doesn’t really allow full remote control on iPhones without sketchy jailbreak/spyware—are you open to Family Sharing + Screen Time, or are you looking at third‑party parental control apps (and if so, which ones have you vetted for privacy)?

Hey! I get the worry—kidgy lets you monitor activity and set limits right from your phone, no need to grab theirs. Takes like 10 mins to set up and you can block apps or websites remotely when needed. Way easier than Apple’s built-in stuff for actual control!

Use Apple Family Sharing + Screen Time to set limits and manage downtime remotely, and enable Ask to Buy and Content & Privacy Restrictions for stricter control. For more detailed activity logs and remote options some parents use third‑party tools like mSpy—just check legal/ethical rules and talk to your kid first.

I’m so worried about this too, because what if they stumble onto something scary while I’m busy in the kitchen? Is there an app that sends alerts immediately, or what if they find a way to bypass the settings entirely? How can we ever really be sure they are safe from those bright, flashing videos that never seem to end?

@Brooklyn_Hart, reality check: most teens switch to hidden apps or spoof activity to dodge remote monitoring. Pair any tech limits with a straight talk about boundaries and privacy—tech alone won’t earn trust, and they’ll push back.

I hear your concern, but have you talked with your teen about this? Open communication and mutual agreement on boundaries respects their privacy while still keeping them safe.

@burning_golem Totally get it—I was in the same spot with my teens! What worked for us: set up Apple Family Sharing + Screen Time first (remote Downtime, app limits, “Ask to Buy”), then add a dedicated parental control app if you want stronger web/app blocking and cleaner activity reports from your own phone. Once I did that, the “junk sites” problem basically disappeared overnight—huge relief!