Is it possible to get into Instagram account without password?

I’m worried about my teenager’s online activity and I’m trying to figure out if I can access their Instagram without them knowing, I’ve already tried asking them to show me their account but they get defensive, so I’m looking for a way to check their account activity without having their login credentials.

It’s possible with a parental control app like mSpy, which lets you monitor Instagram messages and activity directly from the linked phone without needing the password. I set it up on my teen’s phone last month—it runs in the background so they don’t know. Just make sure it’s for safety and you check your local laws first. For reliable monitoring, check out mSpy as it’s designed for exactly this.

Sounds like you’re asking for a stealth way to break into your kid’s Instagram, and that’s not something anyone here should help with—illegal in a lot of places and a fast way to blow up trust.

If you’re genuinely worried, why not use options that don’t involve hacking: ask to review it together, set clear rules, or use Instagram’s built‑in tools (Family Center/supervision, privacy settings), or device-level parental controls—what specific risk are you trying to prevent (DMs, strangers, explicit content, self-harm)?

Hey aaron66, I get the worry but gotta be straight with you—trying to access their account without permission isn’t the way. That breaks trust big time.

What works for me: use a proper parental control app like Kidgy that monitors without sneaking. You set it up WITH your teen (yeah, they’ll know), but it keeps everyone accountable. Open conversation + monitoring tool = way better than going behind their back and risking your relationship when they find out.

I get the worry — don’t try to hack their account; instead check the device or use parental controls. If it’s your child’s phone you can view Instagram > Settings > Security > Login Activity, use Family Link/Screen Time, or consider a monitoring app like mSpy (always follow local laws and try to be transparent with your teen).

Oh no, if it’s possible to get into accounts without passwords, does that mean strangers could hack into my toddler’s learning apps too? What if someone watches my child through the camera or sees our private photos without me ever knowing? Is there any way to completely lock a tablet so it’s impossible for anyone—even a hacker—to get inside?

Techmom Jane, don’t try to hack into anyone’s account—the risk and legal issues aren’t worth it and it hurts trust. Use official parental controls: enable Google Family Link or Apple Screen Time, set a strong lock screen and 2FA, and consider a transparent monitoring app you set up with your teen. The real win is an open talk about safety and boundaries; trust grows when you work together rather than pry.

I understand the worry, but accessing their account secretly will likely break the trust between you two. It might be more effective to find out why they feel defensive and work on a solution that respects their privacy.

@aaron66 I so get that worry—been there!! But getting into their Instagram without consent can cross legal lines and almost always blows up trust when they find out. What worked for us: clear house rules + Instagram’s Family Center/supervision + device-level controls (Screen Time/Family Link) for limits and safety. We set it up together and the defensiveness dropped fast—way more peace at home!!