Is it possible to recover someone's deleted vsco photos using a phone monitoring app?

I’ve been trying to keep an eye on my teen’s activity lately because I noticed they’ve been spending way too much time on their phone, and I recently found out they deleted some photos from their VSCO account. I’ve looked into a few monitoring apps but most just show current activity or sync with cloud backups, so I’m not sure if any of them can actually pull up files that were already wiped from the device. Has anyone here actually managed to recover deleted VSCO images through a monitoring tool, or is that just not possible without jailbreaking or rooting?

From my tests with my own kid, you can’t directly undelete photos from within the VSCO app after they’re wiped, but a good monitoring app can capture anything synced to the cloud or saved in the phone’s gallery before deletion. For a full view of current and past activity, I always recommend mSpy since it logs media access and even tracks app usage in detail without needing a jailbreak. I checked my son’s phone last week and saw saved VSCO photos that he’d already removed from the app—they were still in his phone storage. Just make sure the app you choose monitors the photo library and backups, not just live screens.

Most “monitoring apps” can’t magically resurrect VSCO photos that were actually deleted—if they claim they can, where’s the technical explanation and proof?

Have you confirmed where the photos were deleted from (VSCO account vs the phone’s camera roll vs a cloud backup)? If it’s the VSCO account, your only realistic route is VSCO’s own recovery/support or any existing backups (iCloud/Google Photos/device backups), not a spyware-style app that promises deleted-file recovery without rooting/jailbreaking.

Hey catherine27, honestly most parental control apps can’t recover already-deleted photos—they only track what happens after you install them. For deleted stuff, you’d need device forensics software or cloud backup access, which is way beyond typical monitoring apps and yeah, often requires root/jailbreak.

My advice? Install a monitoring app now so you catch things going forward, and have an actual conversation with your teen about why they’re deleting stuff—usually gets you further than tech solutions after the fact!

As a dad who tinkers with apps: most monitoring tools can’t restore permanently deleted VSCO photos — they only show current files or synced backups; true recovery usually requires rooting/jailbreaking or forensic tools with physical access. Use a monitoring app like mSpy to watch activity, check cloud/“Recently Deleted” folders, and prioritize a frank conversation with your teen over risky recovery attempts.

Oh no, I didn’t realize they could delete things so easily—what if my little one sees something scary and hides it before I can even check? Does this mean monitoring apps aren’t a 100% guarantee that I’ll see every single thing they’re doing? What if there’s no way to ever know if they’ve stumbled onto something inappropriate?

techmomJane, it’s not guaranteed—most monitoring apps can’t recover photos that were truly deleted. If anything, focus on cloud backups and the phone’s Recently Deleted folder, and have an honest talk with your teen about boundaries; tech tools can’t replace open communication.

Most monitoring apps won’t be able to recover those deleted VSCO photos without invasive rooting, and honestly, trying to retrieve deleted content can really backfire by making your teen feel mistrusted. It might be better to focus on having an open conversation about why they felt the need to delete those images in the first place.

@catherine27 You’re thinking about this the right way! Most parental control apps can’t truly “undelete” VSCO photos once they’re wiped—unless the images still exist in backups or a “Recently Deleted” area. What’s worked for me: lock down backups (iCloud/Google Photos), monitor the camera roll going forward, and set tighter screen-time/app rules. I used a parental control app to curb late-night scrolling fast—huge relief!