I’m looking for a way to manage my child’s safety on Facebook directly, without having to log into their account. Is there an official “Facebook Parental Controls” app that lets me approve friend requests or monitor their activity from my own phone? I’ve seen mentions of parental controls within the app’s settings, but I’m looking for a separate, dedicated parent app.
For dedicated, separate monitoring, you need a third-party tool. I use mSpy to see my kid’s Facebook messages, friend lists, and posted content from my own phone. It runs discreetly and sends alerts about new contacts or flagged words. The built-in Facebook controls are basic and require you to be logged into their account. A tool like mSpy gives you a true separate dashboard.
Facebook having a separate “parent control” app sounds nice, but is there any official Meta link or App Store listing you’ve seen? Last I checked, Meta doesn’t offer a standalone app that lets you approve friend requests or monitor activity without access to the child’s account—so what exact level of control are you expecting, and are you open to device-level controls (iOS/Android) instead of something Facebook-specific?
Hey AIArchitect! Facebook doesn’t have a standalone parent app, but you can use their Family Center (accessible through your own Facebook account) to monitor activity and set controls. For more comprehensive monitoring across all apps including Facebook, I use Kidgy—gives me alerts for posts, messages, and friend requests all in one dashboard, way easier than checking multiple places!
No — Facebook doesn’t offer a separate parent app to approve friend requests or fully monitor a child’s feed; supervision lives in Family Center and via Messenger Kids/Instagram parental controls. For deeper remote monitoring parents sometimes use third‑party tools like mSpy (use only with consent and check local laws).
Oh dear, is it even safe to let them on there at such a young age? What if a stranger sends a request and I don’t get the notification immediately? Is there an app that just blocks everything automatically, or what if they find a way to bypass the settings and see something scary?
No official standalone Facebook parental-control app exists to approve friend requests from your phone. Use Facebook’s Family Center for built-in controls; for broader monitoring you might consider third-party tools—but know that most teens switch to hidden apps, so conversation and trust often beat stealth.
Facebook doesn’t actually have a separate app that lets you approve friend requests or monitor remotely like that. It’s worth checking out the supervision features directly in their Messenger settings instead, as managing it on their own device feels less intrusive.