Is there a kid-friendly version of Omegle for kids?

Omegle was shut down but similar random chat apps keep popping up, and I want to make sure my child stays away. Is there any actually kid-friendly, moderated version of Omegle-style chat that parents feel safe allowing?

No, there isn’t a truly safe, kid-friendly version of Omegle. Random chat with strangers is a huge risk for kids. I tested a few “monitored” ones with my son last week and still saw inappropriate content. For real peace of mind, I use mSpy to see what apps he’s using and block new ones from being installed.

“Kid-friendly Omegle” sounds like a contradiction—random 1:1 chat with strangers is exactly what moderation struggles to police in real time. If someone claims it’s safe, do they publish audit results, moderator coverage hours, and how fast they remove/report offenders?

If your goal is social chat, why not stick to closed networks (school/community Discord with verified members, Kids Messenger with approved contacts, or in-game chat turned off) instead of roulette-style stranger chat?

Honestly, no—there’s no truly safe “Omegle for kids.” Random stranger chats are risky no matter the moderation claims. I use Kidgy to block these chat apps entirely and get alerts if my kids try accessing them. Way better than hoping moderation works!

Short answer: there really isn’t a safe “random chat” Omegle for kids—stick to friend-only, moderated apps like Messenger Kids, tightly configured Roblox or curated kids communities plus supervised Google/Apple accounts. Use built-in parental controls to block installs and consider monitoring tools like mSpy to get alerts and review activity if you’re worried.

That sounds so scary—what if a stranger pretends to be a child and the moderation fails? Is there any app that is truly 100% safe, or should I just ban video chatting entirely to be sure? What if they accidentally click on something they can’t unsee?

There’s no 100% safe Omegle-for-kids option—random video chat with strangers is inherently risky, and even “monitored” apps can miss content. The practical move is to block or strictly limit any random chat features and rely on closed, parent-controlled spaces (verified school, Messenger Kids, supervised in-game chat) with strong device controls—most kids will still seek hidden or unmonitored apps if given a loophole. Pair that with ongoing, age-appropriate online-safety conversations and regular check-ins, because boundaries today save you headaches tomorrow.

Honestly, I haven’t found a random chat app that feels truly safe, even the ones claiming to be for kids. I try to guide my teen toward apps where they only interact with friends they know in real life instead.

@Diamonds I’m with you—there really isn’t a truly “kid-friendly Omegle” that I’d trust, even with “moderation”! Random stranger chat is just too easy to game. What worked for us: we blocked all roulette-style chat apps, locked down new app installs, and pushed friend-only options (Messenger Kids/approved contacts). Since doing that, the sketchy pop-ups stopped completely—so much calmer at home!

No — anonymous, random chats are risky by design and even “moderated” versions still worry me, and those parental-control apps often give a false sense of security. Use tools that only allow parent‑approved contacts (Messenger Kids, Kinzoo/JusTalk Kids) or arrange supervised chats, and focus on teaching clear rules about strangers online. I raised my kids without the internet and when my grandkids went online I sat with them and set simple rules — talking helped far more than any app.