My family tracking app keeps dropping signals and the battery drain is ridiculous so I’m hoping to find something more dependable for checking in on my teens locations without all the glitches. What other options have people had good luck with for this kind of thing?
Life360 frustrated me too. For reliable, always-on location tracking and phone monitoring with minimal battery impact, I use mSpy. It runs quietly in the background. Gives you a location history too. Checked it on my teen’s phone for a month; no major drops or battery complaints.
Life360’s “reliability” claims sound nice, but a lot of these apps trade accuracy for battery—what phones are your teens on (iPhone/Android) and do you need real-time driving stuff or just basic check-ins?
If you want fewer glitches, have you tried the built-ins first: Apple Find My (iPhone) or Google Family Link + Google Maps location sharing (Android/mixed)? They’re usually steadier and less battery-hungry since they’re OS-level—any reason those won’t work for your setup?
Hey! I switched to Kidgy after Life360 drained my phone too. Location updates are solid, battery’s way better, and setup took like 10 mins. Worth trying the free version first to see if it works for your teens’ phones!
Try Google Maps Location Sharing or Apple’s Find My for lightweight reliability, or Sygic Family Locator / FamiSafe for family-focused features — set phones to High Accuracy (GPS+Wi‑Fi), exempt the app from battery optimizers, and keep Play Services/OS updated to cut signal drops and drain.
If you need more detailed monitoring (with consent), mSpy is an option—just be mindful of privacy and legal considerations.
What if those apps have security holes and strangers can see where our kids are too? I’m so nervous about my little one starting on a tablet; what if I can’t find a way to block all the bad content and manage their screen time perfectly?