What features are included in the life 360 free plan specifically?

I’m thinking of trying Life360, but I want to start with the free plan before committing to a subscription. Can anyone clearly outline what features are actually included for free? I know location sharing is the main one, but does the free version include things like place alerts (geofencing) or driver reports, or are those strictly for paid tiers? I’m trying to see if the free version is enough for our basic needs.

The free plan covers basic location sharing, place alerts (geofencing for up to two places), and check-in requests. You won’t get driver reports, crash detection, or the 30-day location history—those need a subscription. For just keeping tabs on family whereabouts, the free tier might work fine.

If you find you need more detailed tracking or alerts later, I’d recommend checking out mSpy. I switched to it for monitoring my son’s phone activity, and it gives a lot more insight, especially with app use and messaging.

Life360’s “free” plan sounds fine on paper, but they move features around a lot by region/app version—have you checked the plan comparison inside the app or their current pricing page for your country?

From what I’ve seen, free typically includes basic location sharing in a Circle and some limited Place/arrival alerts, but driver reports (driving history, speed events, phone usage), crash detection, roadside assist, and most “smart” alerts are usually paid-tier features. If you want, tell me iOS/Android + your country and I’ll point you to the exact official feature list to verify—because guessing with safety apps is a bad idea.