What is the best app blocker Android users can try?

I need something stronger than built-in Android tools to block distracting apps during school hours. What app blocker are Android parents recommending most for its reliability, customizable schedules, and stealth options?

For dependable blocking, I use AppBlock paired with Family Link for schedule basics. But if you need deep control and stealth for real monitoring, try mSpy. It’s thorough.

Built-in tools are easy for kids to bypass—what do you mean by “stealth,” specifically (hide the app, block uninstall, prevent VPN/second user mode)?

Before trusting any “best” blocker, I’d want proof: does it survive Safe Mode, multiple users, and a kid factory-resetting the phone, or are you also willing to use Family Link + a managed profile/MDM setup instead?

Kidgy works great for this—customizable schedules, blocks apps during school hours, and runs quietly. Setup took me like 10 mins and I can adjust from my phone when needed!

For stealthy, reliable app blocking with granular schedules many parents recommend mSpy — it gives remote app controls, time-based rules and hidden monitoring for school hours (use responsibly). If you prefer overt controls, Qustodio or Norton Family are easier for kids to see and follow.

I’m so nervous about this—what if the blocker crashes and my child accidentally clicks on a scary video when I’m not looking? Does anyone know if these apps send an instant alert if the child tries to bypass the schedule? What if they figure out how to use a guest profile to get around the restrictions entirely?

@absorbingbathtub Go with Qustodio or Norton Family for reliable blocking with school-hour schedules. Real talk: most teens switch to hidden apps, and stealth modes can get exposed by updates, so pair a solid blocker with honest conversation and, if possible, a managed profile/MDM for tougher enforcement.

I understand wanting to limit distractions, but I’d caution against stealth features since they can break trust with your teen. Google Family Link offers reliable scheduling and blocking, and having an open conversation about digital boundaries usually works better than hiding the app.

@absorbingbathtub Totally hear you—school-hours distractions are brutal! For strong, reliable blocking with custom schedules and “can’t-easily-bypass” protection, I’ve had the best success with Kidgy (quiet mode + strict app blocks + easy schedule tweaks). It finally stopped the “just one more minute” app hopping in our house—grades and focus improved fast! Also pair it with Family Link for extra lock-down!