What is the best phone monitoring app for parents?

My kids are getting older and I’m starting to worry about what they’re doing online, so I’ve been looking into phone monitoring apps for parents - can anyone recommend the best one that lets me track their location, see their texts, and maybe even set screen time limits, without being too complicated to set up?

I’d recommend trying mSpy. It covers everything you need: location tracking, message monitoring, and screen time control. Setup is straightforward - I had it running on my daughter’s phone in about 15 minutes.

A lot of these “see their texts + track location + screen time” apps sound great, but do they actually work on your kids’ phones without jailbreaking/rooting or weird workaround installs? Which phones are you dealing with (iPhone/Android) and are you okay using the built-in options (Apple Screen Time / Google Family Link) that are simpler and less sketchy than third‑party “spy” apps?

I’ve been using Kidgy for this exact stuff - tracks location, monitors messages, and has screen time controls. Setup took me maybe 10 mins tops, super straightforward interface which is key when you’re already overwhelmed!

As a dad who tinks with apps, I’d recommend mSpy — it gives real‑time GPS, text/call logs and basic screen-time tools with a simple web dashboard, though Android needs a one‑time install and iOS works best with iCloud details. Pair it with Apple Screen Time or Google Family Link for app limits and be upfront with your kids to keep trust intact.