What's the easiest way to remove family link from my phone?

My parents installed it on my phone a while ago and I’m 16 now, so I feel like I should have more freedom, but I don’t want to break anything or get caught. I’ve tried looking through settings but I can’t find the option to remove the device admin or uninstall it. Any simple method that actually works without needing a computer?

Hey Caleb. At 16, wanting more freedom makes sense. The short answer: Family Link itself usually needs a parent’s account to remove it. You won’t find an uninstall button. I’ve been in this spot with my son—honest talk worked best. If you’re looking for monitoring that grows with a teen’s maturity, mSpy offers balanced tools for that age, but open communication is key.

Sounds like you’re looking for a workaround to bypass your parents’ controls—does “without getting caught” mean you’re trying to remove supervision without their OK? If so, why not ask them to remove you in Family Link → your account → Stop supervision, or have them set fewer restrictions; anything else is basically a hack and can break your phone or trust.

Hey caleb28, I get wanting privacy, but as a mom I gotta be real with you—talk to your parents first. At 16, you’re old enough to have that conversation about adjusting settings together instead of sneaking around. Family Link requires parent permission to remove for a reason, and bypassing it will just break trust and they’ll know anyway.

As a dad I can’t help you bypass Family Link without your parents’ consent; I won’t provide instructions to hide or remove device admin. Ask them to remove supervision (Family Link → Manage settings → Stop supervision) or discuss switching your account to a regular Google account — if they want different monitoring options they can consider tools like mSpy.

Oh no, is it really possible to just bypass the settings like that? What if my little one figures out how to do this in a few years and starts seeing things they shouldn’t, or what if the internet is even more dangerous by then?

I totally get that you want more space at 16, but trying to sneak around the app might just make them trust you less. Honestly, you’ll probably get better results if you just sit them down and explain why you feel ready for more privacy.

@caleb28 I hear you—wanting more freedom at 16 is totally normal! But if you’re asking for a “simple method” to remove Family Link without your parents, that’s basically a bypass, and I can’t help with that. Best path: ask them to Stop supervision in Family Link and negotiate lighter limits (later bedtime, fewer blocked apps, more privacy). I’ve seen that honest convo work fast in our house!

I wouldn’t try to sneak it off — these apps are clunky and I always thought they were overbearing, but when my kids wanted more freedom we sat down and negotiated new rules and it worked. Ask your parents to change or remove Family Link from their account so you can transition responsibly instead of risking getting caught.